Terms and Conditions
Last update: 26/06/2020
- The Metropolitan GetUp (part of Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited, an authorised financial service (FSP 44673) and registered credit provider (NCRCP173)),“Win R10 000 cash” (the “Competition”) is open to all South African citizens or permanent residents over the age of 18.
- To enter the Competition, you (“the Participant(s)/Entrant(s)”) must complete all of the survey questions served to you (“Survey Questions”) via the GetUp Facebook Messenger Bot (“the Bot”). The number of questions may vary by Participant. The Bot will confirm that you have a valid entry (“Entry) into the competition once you have completed the required questions. You may be required to validate your phone number via a One Time Pin (OTP) or USSD.
- The total prize value on offer isR10 000 which will be awarded to the winner of a random draw that will occur at the end of the competition.
- In addition to receiving an Entry into the Competition by answering all the Survey Questions as outlined above, Participants can also obtain additional Entries into the Competition by completing certain additional tasks (“Additional Tasks”). Metropolitan GetUp will communicate any such Additional Tasks with Entrants, informing them how the Additional Task can be completed and how many additional Entries will be received. An Additional Task and potential Entries can be earned by referring friends that fully complete the competition entry process:You earn an additional entry for each referral.
*Metropolitan GetUp may check whether referrals are unique real people. Invalid, fake or duplicate referrals may lead to the winner being disqualified.
- Further mechanisms to obtain additional supplementary Entries into the Competition may be initiated by Metropolitan GetUp at any time during the Competition. Any such new mechanisms will be communicated to all of the Competition Participants on a basis to be determined by Metropolitan GetUp.
- By submitting personal information and entering this competition Participants agree to receive emails and/or SMS’s and/or Calls and/or Social and digital conversations (chats) containing product and service offerings and updates from Metropolitan GetUp and or its affiliate partners. Participants will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe to all communication by email, reply SMS or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Competition winner’s survey information may be checked via call after the competition. Incorrect information on the survey will lead to disqualification. Under such circumstance, a redraw will take place and a new winner will be announced.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Only 1 main entry per person is allowed, although Participants may earn additional supplementary entries as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- If Participants have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at email@example.com with “Win R10 000 cash” in the subject line or via our Facebook page (@metgetup).
- The closing date of the Competition is 23:59 on Thursday 1 October 2020. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered, unless the competition deadline has been extended. Metropolitan GetUp reserves the right to extend the competition deadline by up to 1 month. Any such change in deadline will be communicated to all Participants by email (provided a valid email address has been provided).
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on Friday 2 October at 12pm. The winner will be called during the live draw process, and if they do not answer their phone, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Metropolitan GetUp shall repeat the random draw until a new final winner is successfully contacted via telephone during the live draw.
- The Competition Winners (“Winners”) will receive R10 000 in cash paid into their bank account.
- Metropolitan GetUp accepts no responsibility for any bank charges or fees associated with the delivery of the prize and not specifically included in the prize. The prize is in no way transferable or exchangeable.
- If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Metropolitan GetUp shall be entitled to redraw another winner.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on Metropolitan GetUp’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Metropolitan GetUp and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including Metropolitan GetUp’s website and social media pages) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same. The winner may explicitly inform Metropolitan GetUp by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that they want to opt-out in which case the consent will be revoked.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Metropolitan GetUp and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for purposes as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited and any associated entities or their immediate family members may not enter the Competition or win the prize.
- Metropolitan GetUp accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Metropolitan GetUp further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Metropolitan GetUp for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Metropolitan GetUp reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Metropolitan GetUp in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.