New Year Better You | Top 5 Skills To Thrive In The Digital World
Heading back to school isn’t just for the kids that have (finally) started a new year. It’s time for you to put your thinking cap on too, and hit the books. According to a McKinsey report the pandemic has accelerated adoption of digital technologies globally, with the average rate of adoption being 20 to 25 times what it was in some companies.
What that means is that your skills have to change in line with the global paradigm shift. Don’t worry, you don’t have to suddenly become a coding wizard but, it does present an exciting opportunity to up-skill yourself, no matter which industry you’re in.
We’ve done the research and matched the top 5 most in-demand skills with an online course that you can complete through GetSmarter.
- Problem-solving (Leading The Future Of Work)
- Strategic Planning (Strategic Business Management)
- Decision-making (Management Analytics: Decision-Making Lessons From Sports Industry)
- Listening (course match: Communication and Influence In The Digital Age)
- Logistics (Import, Export and Logistics Management)
While these might seem like soft skills – coupled with the right technical abilities they can be key to unlocking the next phase of your career in a digital world.