Metropolitan GetUp is a division of Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited, a long term insurer, registered financial services provider and authorised credit provider. Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited is a part of the Momentum Metropolitan Group.
- Contents of the website
Information on the website is intended to serve as general information on the chosen subjects. The decisions you make based on this information do not constitute advice. Before making any decision or taking any action based on any information on the Metropolitan GetUp website you should ensure you are sufficiently well informed. Metropolitan GetUp is not liable for any losses or damages suffered as a result of relying on the information on the website.
- Subscribing to any service or buying any product through the website is subject to Metropolitan GetUp’s contractual terms applicable to that product or service and applicable legislation.
A link to a third party website does not necessarily mean that Metropolitan GetUp endorses, authorises or sponsors that website, or that Metropolitan GetUp is affiliated to such website’s owners or sponsors. Metropolitan GetUp is not be responsible or liable for any content displayed on any third-party website.
- Visitors from foreign countries
Use of the Metropolitan GetUp website or the purchase of services or products from Metropolitan GetUp in the country in which you live may not be permissible within the regulations of your country. Your use of the website or any purchase that you may make is entirely at your own risk.
- No warranties
Metropolitan GetUp takes reasonable care to provide accurate information on the Metropolitan GetUp website. However, information displayed on the Metropolitan GetUp website is provided without any express or implied warranty that the information is appropriate or suitable for any particular purpose, that it is complete or accurate, or that it or any hardware on which it is stored is virus or malware free.
- Restricted use
You may not –
- Reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, publish, distribute, transmit, display, license or transfer any of the content displayed on the website unless you have Metropolitan GetUp’s prior written authorisation;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the website, a linked website, or any software employed in the display or operation of the website;
- Post on or transmit to the website content of an unlawful nature, such as content that is threatening, defamatory or pornographic or content that could damage Metropolitan GetUp’s image or impair its ability to do business;
- Use the website in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Metropolitan GetUp server or network connected to any Metropolitan GetUp server or interfere with any other party’s use of the Metropolitan GetUp website;
- Interfere with any content displayed on the Metropolitan GetUp website or attempt or gain unauthorised access to the information displayed on the website to which you may not be authorised, or to any secure area on the website, a Metropolitan GetUp server or any other part of the Metropolitan GetUp information system.
- Frame the website or any of its pages or content without Metropolitan GetUp’s prior written consent.
- Electronic transactions, communications, and records
When you communicate with Metropolitan GetUp by electronic communication methods provided for on this website or as recommended by this website, you agree that the electronic communication is binding on you. You agree that all electronic agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications should be in writing. You accept the risks inherent in electronic communication in whatever form.
- You are responsible to ensure that Metropolitan GetUp has received the information communicated electronically.
- You acknowledge and consent that Metropolitan GetUp, in its discretion, may retain and store your electronic communications for the purpose for which they were sent.
- Any email communication sent to you will be regarded for the purposes of this agreement to have been received by you when it enters an information system outside of the control of Metropolitan GetUp.
- Wireless access and use
Metropolitan GetUp is not responsible for the wireless services used by devices and disclaims any responsibility for the lack of functionality, capability or reliability of any device or software used to access the Metropolitan GetUp website.
- Use of the Metropolitan GetUp website is free of charge but you are responsible for any fees which may be charged by your service provider which may be associated with your using the Metropolitan GetUp website.
- The functionality and use of your device is outside of the control of Metropolitan GetUp and Metropolitan GetUp will not be responsible for interference with the integrity, transmission, delays, limitation of network coverage, outages or interruption in the wireless services.
- No liability
Metropolitan GetUp will not be responsible for any loss incurred or damages suffered (whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential) to you or any third party that may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of, or reliance upon, any content displayed on the Metropolitan GetUp website by you.
- Metropolitan GetUp will not be responsible for any interruption, delayed or failed transmission, loss of programs or other data or the storage or delivery of information resulting from whatever cause.
- Although Metropolitan GetUp takes reasonable care to prevent harm or loss to you, Metropolitan GetUp will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer arising from your ability or inability to use the Service.
- Warranties provided by you
You warrant that:
- You are who you say you are and that you can prove your identity should Metropolitan GetUp require you to do so;
- That all information you provide at any time to Metropolitan GetUp using the Metropolitan GetUp website will in all respects be current, complete, and accurate;
- Intellectual property rights
The website and all its content (including software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs) are owned by or licensed to Metropolitan GetUp. The website and its contents it may not be used in any way without Metropolitan GetUp or the licensor’s prior written consent.
- Termination of Access
Metropolitan GetUp reserves the right to:
- Refuse you further access to the website if
- Metropolitan GetUp is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to it; or
- Metropolitan GetUp believes that you are conducting activities that are illegal, abusive, threaten the integrity of the website, or may place Metropolitan GetUp in disrepute;
- Refer any breach to the police if such breach constitutes a crime;
- Claim damages for all loss and damage it suffers, and expenses it incurs as a result of your breach.
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa (Cape of Good Hope Provincial Division).
- You agree that South African law applies, regardless of where you may be located or in what court action may be instituted.
- General Provisions
No failure or delay by Metropolitan GetUp to exercise any of its rights will be construed as a waiver of any such right.
If any part of this Agreement is held to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, the clause will be deleted from the Agreement, the remainder of which will continue to be valid to the full extent permitted.
Copyright © Metropolitan GetUp, a division of Momentum Metropolitan Life Ltd (“Metropolitan GetUp”), Parc du Cap, Mispel Road, Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa. Metropolitan GetUp owns this website and its contents.