July Birthday 2022 Quiz Competition Terms and Conditions
Closing date: 31 July 2022, 11H59pm
Winner announcement: 1 August 2022, after 12 noon
Prize: R500 Checkers/Shoprite grocery shopping voucher
Last update: 22 June 2022
- The Metropolitan GetUp (part of Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited, a licensed life insurer and an authorised financial service (FSP 44673) and registered credit provider (NCRCP173),“July Birthday 2022” (the “Competition”) is open to all South African citizens or permanent residents over the age of 18.
- To enter the Competition, you (“the Participant(s)/Entrant(s)”) must participate in and complete all of the quiz questions served to you (“Quiz Questions”) via the GetUp Facebook Messenger Bot (“the Bot”). The number of questions may vary by Participant. The Bot will confirm that you have a valid entry (“Entry) into the competition once you have completed the required questions. You may be required to validate your phone number via a One Time Pin (OTP) or USSD.
- The prize is in the form of a lucky draw. One (1) winner will be selected via random draw. The prize is a R500 Checkers/Shoprite voucher.
- By submitting personal information and entering this competition Participants agree to receive emails and/or SMS’s and/or Calls and/or Social and digital conversations (chats) containing product and service offerings and updates from Metropolitan GetUp and/or its affiliate partners. Participants will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe to all communication by email, reply SMS or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Competition entry, and for the purposes outlined above.
- The Competition winner’s quiz information may be checked via call after the competition. Incorrect or inappropriate quiz information will lead to disqualification. Under such circumstance, a redraw will take place and a new winner will be announced.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Only 1 main entry per person is allowed unless Participants earn additional supplementary entries as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- If Participants have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail us at email@example.com with, “July Birthday” in the subject line or via our Facebook page (@metgetup).
- The closing date of the Competition is 23:59 on 31 July 2022. Entries received after the closing time will not be considered for the lucky draw, unless the competition deadline has been extended and communicated as such by Metropolitan GetUp. Metropolitan GetUp reserves the right to extend the competition deadline by up to 1 month. Any such change in deadline will be communicated to all Participants on the GetUp Facebook page and by sms (provided a valid email address and cellphone number has been provided).
- One (1) winner/s will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions up until end of day 31 July 2022 draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 1 August 2022. The winner/s will be called directly after the live draw process, and if they do not answer their phone, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Metropolitan GetUp shall repeat the random draw until a new final winner is successfully contacted via telephone.
- The Competition Winner/s (“Winner/s”) will receive a R500 Checkers/Shoprite shopping voucher.
- Metropolitan GetUp accepts no responsibility for any fees associated with the paying the prize. The prize is in no way transferable or exchangeable.
- If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and Metropolitan GetUp shall be entitled to redraw another winner.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on Metropolitan GetUp’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Metropolitan GetUp and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Competition for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including Metropolitan GetUp’s website and social media pages) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Competition, all entrants consent to the same. The winner may explicitly inform Metropolitan GetUp by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that they want to opt-out in which case the consent will be revoked.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Metropolitan GetUp and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used for purposes as outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Momentum Metropolitan Life Limited and any associated entities or their immediate family members may not enter the Competition or win the prize.
- Metropolitan GetUp accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. Metropolitan GetUp further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Metropolitan GetUp for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Metropolitan GetUp reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
- The decision of Metropolitan GetUp in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.